5 posts • joined 26 Jul 2010
I can't help wondering how useful is the Hidden app if he had to wait for the crook to "accidentally release the lock controls" as described in the article?
WebGL not interactive...?
out of the trenches
'but the moon has no seas' was also my first thought... but equally it's unfair measuring the height of Everest from the bottom of Mariana Trench.
The trench is a localised feature. Ideally the depth of trenches and height (or rather 'tallness') or mountains should be measured from the mean surface elevation (which itself I suppose is measured from the gravitational centre of the planetoid?)
in other words the depth of a trench shouldn't count towards the tallness of a mountain
I wonder if NASA have already done that in this case, since they talk about a 'lunar surface' which is a rather vague term
"Is he cooking up a Facebook challenger, with his new and improved "social networking for music" effort, Ping, as his testbed?"
Dear god I hope not, Ping is a massive FAIL so far.
"Underlying code in that beta included an HTML5 parser, called WebSockets,"
I don't think 'WebSockets' is an HTML5 parser. It's one of the new technologies under the 'HTML5' banner.
I guess you meant something like "...included an updated HTML5 parser and support for WebSockets..."
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'