2 posts • joined 26 Jul 2010
Two articles for the price of one?
Utterly misleading title on this article - we get a few paragraphs on von Neumann, then he goes off topic onto a how-to-spec-your-business-desktops article!
Combining computing science theory with business advice seemingly doesn't work very well.
That unknown chip turns out to be a serial communications controller - I think basically apple's usual posh variation on the theme of a UART to handle the localtalk port (and maybe the infra-red too).
The datasheet for it is here:
albeit that site is miserably slow.
I'll get my too-geeky-to-live coat.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes