2 posts • joined 26 Jul 2010
Two articles for the price of one?
Utterly misleading title on this article - we get a few paragraphs on von Neumann, then he goes off topic onto a how-to-spec-your-business-desktops article!
Combining computing science theory with business advice seemingly doesn't work very well.
That unknown chip turns out to be a serial communications controller - I think basically apple's usual posh variation on the theme of a UART to handle the localtalk port (and maybe the infra-red too).
The datasheet for it is here:
albeit that site is miserably slow.
I'll get my too-geeky-to-live coat.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders