6 posts • joined 22 Jul 2010
Re: Don't do it
"If you leave you phone in online mode you will effect the electronics on the plane."
If that was true, and if there was ANY risk at all, you wouldn't be allowed to take them on board.
After all they ban nail-clippers, so why allow something that supposedly could crash the plane...?
Re: The real reason they want them turned off
I've been asked to stop reading during the landing drill
Wonder why the police couldn't just open the gate? Smacks of jobsworth-ism
Re: No laughing matter
Similar thing at our place....
I am sure my elderly parents who have suffered 4 years of harassment and abuse from a neighbour while Durham police did nothing will be overjoyed by this.
Yes me too. If there was even the remotest risk that mobiles could interfere with anything important (as opposed to maybe the inflight entertainment channel?) they would be classed in the same league as other dangerous items, like mineral water and nail-clippers.
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed