6 posts • joined Thursday 22nd July 2010 10:25 GMT
Re: Don't do it
"If you leave you phone in online mode you will effect the electronics on the plane."
If that was true, and if there was ANY risk at all, you wouldn't be allowed to take them on board.
After all they ban nail-clippers, so why allow something that supposedly could crash the plane...?
Re: The real reason they want them turned off
I've been asked to stop reading during the landing drill
Wonder why the police couldn't just open the gate? Smacks of jobsworth-ism
Re: No laughing matter
Similar thing at our place....
Yes me too. If there was even the remotest risk that mobiles could interfere with anything important (as opposed to maybe the inflight entertainment channel?) they would be classed in the same league as other dangerous items, like mineral water and nail-clippers.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!