2 posts • joined 22 Jul 2010
What a colossal waste of money
I happen to be an AdWords campaign manager, but my monthly budget is only around 40k. I'm well aware of how easy it is to waste massive amounts of money on Google if the accounts are being managed by anyone without serious experience in PPC campaigns.
They probably didn't even geo-target their ads properly to make them shown only in the UK. I can imagine university kids in Brazil clicking on UK government ads telling them how to lose weight.
They probably do bid on terms where they rank well organically. They probably also spend a lot of money competing with themselves, as the article notes.
so very wrong
Obama only runs one branch of the U.S. government. His powers are limited. I know this is a hard concept for some to grasp.
If he stuck his nose into Department of Justice affairs they should rightly tell him to piss off and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops