1 post • joined 19 Jul 2010
In response to Simon2
I spoke with our technical marketing manager here at Dolby, so I could get back to you on your query. His reponse was af follows and I hope it helps.
“This demo is only optimised for playback over headphones. In the ‘ON’ mode, virtualised surround sound will be heard. But, if audio playback utilises traditional speakers, the nuance and spatialization can be lost (as the distance from the ear and phase alignment of each speaker is unpredictable).
Upmixing this processed 2 channel audio using an AVR will also produce unpredictable results.”
If you'd like to know anymnore then please reply.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer