1 post • joined Monday 19th July 2010 12:27 GMT
In response to Simon2
I spoke with our technical marketing manager here at Dolby, so I could get back to you on your query. His reponse was af follows and I hope it helps.
“This demo is only optimised for playback over headphones. In the ‘ON’ mode, virtualised surround sound will be heard. But, if audio playback utilises traditional speakers, the nuance and spatialization can be lost (as the distance from the ear and phase alignment of each speaker is unpredictable).
Upmixing this processed 2 channel audio using an AVR will also produce unpredictable results.”
If you'd like to know anymnore then please reply.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support