1 post • joined 19 Jul 2010
In response to Simon2
I spoke with our technical marketing manager here at Dolby, so I could get back to you on your query. His reponse was af follows and I hope it helps.
“This demo is only optimised for playback over headphones. In the ‘ON’ mode, virtualised surround sound will be heard. But, if audio playback utilises traditional speakers, the nuance and spatialization can be lost (as the distance from the ear and phase alignment of each speaker is unpredictable).
Upmixing this processed 2 channel audio using an AVR will also produce unpredictable results.”
If you'd like to know anymnore then please reply.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip