4 posts • joined 13 Jul 2010
'Chair of the new Innovation Committee' says it all really. RIMs fucked.
...is nasty. Please try a bit harder, contrast between American and English speakers requires volume adjustment!
as annoying as on-premise
Which doesn't mean anything either. These larger companies really should know better.
So the "Analyst" appears to be implying that the Symbian Foundation has a whole load of resources that it can bring to bear on the problems that he highlights.
The Symbian Foundation specifically has NO developers who are working on the OS itself. They are essentially safeguard the Open Source project, but have a few people to manage builds and the SCM systems.
Nokia basically bankroles and supports actual development of the OS (with some support form Japan), and so it is Nokia's developers that would need to be re-purposed. It isn't clear from the article that the analyst really gets that.
Sadly, he's right that Symbian will fail, Symbian simply doesn't have the mindshare, and lots of things about the platform still suck and that puts developers off.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait