4 posts • joined 13 Jul 2010
'Chair of the new Innovation Committee' says it all really. RIMs fucked.
...is nasty. Please try a bit harder, contrast between American and English speakers requires volume adjustment!
as annoying as on-premise
Which doesn't mean anything either. These larger companies really should know better.
So the "Analyst" appears to be implying that the Symbian Foundation has a whole load of resources that it can bring to bear on the problems that he highlights.
The Symbian Foundation specifically has NO developers who are working on the OS itself. They are essentially safeguard the Open Source project, but have a few people to manage builds and the SCM systems.
Nokia basically bankroles and supports actual development of the OS (with some support form Japan), and so it is Nokia's developers that would need to be re-purposed. It isn't clear from the article that the analyst really gets that.
Sadly, he's right that Symbian will fail, Symbian simply doesn't have the mindshare, and lots of things about the platform still suck and that puts developers off.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...