4 posts • joined 13 Jul 2010
'Chair of the new Innovation Committee' says it all really. RIMs fucked.
...is nasty. Please try a bit harder, contrast between American and English speakers requires volume adjustment!
as annoying as on-premise
Which doesn't mean anything either. These larger companies really should know better.
So the "Analyst" appears to be implying that the Symbian Foundation has a whole load of resources that it can bring to bear on the problems that he highlights.
The Symbian Foundation specifically has NO developers who are working on the OS itself. They are essentially safeguard the Open Source project, but have a few people to manage builds and the SCM systems.
Nokia basically bankroles and supports actual development of the OS (with some support form Japan), and so it is Nokia's developers that would need to be re-purposed. It isn't clear from the article that the analyst really gets that.
Sadly, he's right that Symbian will fail, Symbian simply doesn't have the mindshare, and lots of things about the platform still suck and that puts developers off.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)