11 posts • joined Monday 12th July 2010 09:47 GMT
big +1 for Richard Ayoade
Apple can't do optical drives
I have an iMac and a Macbook. The optical drive in the iMac died within a year, then the replacement drive died 2 years later. The optical drive in my MacBook died within 3 years. I now have a second hand HP external USB drive that just keeps working. It's a shame because internal optical drives (particularly in a laptop) are very useful to me. Perhaps this is just an admission of defeat from Apple.
I had this problem too. Fixed it by going into the superhub options and enabling multicast. Been fine since then.
I have 2 macs and like using them, however I've never understood the idea behind its menu-bar. With large, hi-res screens it is just awkward to use - and don't even get me started on multiple monitors where I always have to move back to the primary monitor to select a menu, even when the apps windows are all on the secondary monitor. (Yes I know I can fix it with shareware, but I shouldn't have to)
"The only real distraction is the ghosting caused by cross-talk interference but it’s not as bad as I’ve seen on some other screens."
The ghosting is a function of the TV and goggles. It is caused either by an incorrect dark time or phase adjustment in the TV that does not match the requirements of the glasses.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?