1 post • joined Wednesday 7th July 2010 19:22 GMT
A major victory for open source software
Greenplum's takeover by EMC is a major victory for open source software, and PostgreSQL in particular. The fact that one of world's largest IT vendors will now be selling software based on PostgreSQL will definitely encourage companies to adopt the database.
This news also validates Postgres' use of the BSD-style licence. The BSD-style licence is much better for encouraging commercial input to an open source project
Simon Riggs, CTO and Founder of PostgreSQL consultancy 2ndQuadrant
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout