1 post • joined 7 Jul 2010
A major victory for open source software
Greenplum's takeover by EMC is a major victory for open source software, and PostgreSQL in particular. The fact that one of world's largest IT vendors will now be selling software based on PostgreSQL will definitely encourage companies to adopt the database.
This news also validates Postgres' use of the BSD-style licence. The BSD-style licence is much better for encouraging commercial input to an open source project
Simon Riggs, CTO and Founder of PostgreSQL consultancy 2ndQuadrant
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan