1 post • joined 7 Jul 2010
A major victory for open source software
Greenplum's takeover by EMC is a major victory for open source software, and PostgreSQL in particular. The fact that one of world's largest IT vendors will now be selling software based on PostgreSQL will definitely encourage companies to adopt the database.
This news also validates Postgres' use of the BSD-style licence. The BSD-style licence is much better for encouraging commercial input to an open source project
Simon Riggs, CTO and Founder of PostgreSQL consultancy 2ndQuadrant
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp