1 post • joined 7 Jul 2010
A major victory for open source software
Greenplum's takeover by EMC is a major victory for open source software, and PostgreSQL in particular. The fact that one of world's largest IT vendors will now be selling software based on PostgreSQL will definitely encourage companies to adopt the database.
This news also validates Postgres' use of the BSD-style licence. The BSD-style licence is much better for encouraging commercial input to an open source project
Simon Riggs, CTO and Founder of PostgreSQL consultancy 2ndQuadrant
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching