1 post • joined 6 Jul 2010
Return the FUD to sender
Here are a few additional points:
1) ZFS is open source. Oracle can no more pull back code from ZFS than Nexenta and our founders can pull back the iSCSI code we developed years ago and contributed to the Linux kernel.
2) The case is bi-directional. NetApp is being threatened legally by Oracle.
3) If you are one of the 78% percent of enterprises that support OpenSource (see my related blog on a recent Accenture survey), please understand that if you buy legacy storage you are helping fund unnecessary lawsuits
One interesting question is -- which community is more threatened: the broader ZFS community, which has OpenSource case law on its side and more than 1 million members, or the community of users of NetApp, who has chosen to escalate by threatening Coraid with a lawsuit?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?