2 posts • joined 1 Jul 2010
The wireless secret
95% of wireless network runs on wired "backhaul"
Not for you
If you don't have a desk or laptop computer.
Don't understand what proprietary means.
A Latte or Pint is a significant monetary investment of your personnel finances.
Not being allowed to change or remove the battery is scary.
It starts fast
Plays movies for the duration of most flights
Skype & headset for calls
Read El Reg during the dark hours of the commute
Email etc before getting to the casa
Slows way down when not on WiFi or 3G (Edge of Usability)
It's a nice to have for now that isn't tied to a hot spot. When is the LTE version coming?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth