2 posts • joined Thursday 1st July 2010 23:09 GMT
The wireless secret
95% of wireless network runs on wired "backhaul"
Not for you
If you don't have a desk or laptop computer.
Don't understand what proprietary means.
A Latte or Pint is a significant monetary investment of your personnel finances.
Not being allowed to change or remove the battery is scary.
It starts fast
Plays movies for the duration of most flights
Skype & headset for calls
Read El Reg during the dark hours of the commute
Email etc before getting to the casa
Slows way down when not on WiFi or 3G (Edge of Usability)
It's a nice to have for now that isn't tied to a hot spot. When is the LTE version coming?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?