5 posts • joined 30 Jun 2010
Re: "Windows 8 on ARM, aka WinRT"
In Microsoft's infinite wisdom, Windows RT is now the official name for Window 8 on ARM. WinRT is the new API for writing "Metro" apps on Windows 8 (x86) and Windows RT. Nothing confusing here :)
Firefox != Netscape
Firefox shares almost no code with Netscape Navigator (as implied in the article).
Firefox (originally Phoenix, then Firebird) started out as a highly optimized rewrite of the then bloated and slow Netscape Navigator Suite.
I hope they do away with the old carny trick of making you buy points in fixed amount, where it seems that you are always stuck with an unused balance that is too small to buy anything.
Agreed - Crashplan is the best deal going in unlimited backup!
You could have saved a lot of pixels and removed every other word in the article. HTML5 Video tag offers no way to embed preroll or overlaid ads.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks