5 posts • joined 30 Jun 2010
Re: "Windows 8 on ARM, aka WinRT"
In Microsoft's infinite wisdom, Windows RT is now the official name for Window 8 on ARM. WinRT is the new API for writing "Metro" apps on Windows 8 (x86) and Windows RT. Nothing confusing here :)
Firefox != Netscape
Firefox shares almost no code with Netscape Navigator (as implied in the article).
Firefox (originally Phoenix, then Firebird) started out as a highly optimized rewrite of the then bloated and slow Netscape Navigator Suite.
I hope they do away with the old carny trick of making you buy points in fixed amount, where it seems that you are always stuck with an unused balance that is too small to buy anything.
Agreed - Crashplan is the best deal going in unlimited backup!
You could have saved a lot of pixels and removed every other word in the article. HTML5 Video tag offers no way to embed preroll or overlaid ads.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning