Nothing important was stolen...
According to TalkTalk nothing important was stolen anyway acording to there customer letter, below, so there should be no charges...
our TalkTalk account number: nnnnnnnn
We know it’s been a worrying and frustrating time since Wednesday’s cyber attack on our website. We’re doing everything we can to get to the bottom of what happened as soon as possible and to keep you updated. Our investigations are currently showing the following:
• The number of customers affected and the amount of data potentially stolen is smaller than originally thought. Our website was attacked, but our core systems weren’t and remain secure.
• On its own, none of the data that may have been accessed could be used to leave you financially worse off.
• We don’t store unencrypted credit or debit card data on our site, so any card details which may have been accessed have the 6 middle digits blanked out. For example, it would appear as 012345XXXXXX6789. This means it can’t be used for financial transactions.
• No My Account passwords have been accessed.
• No banking details were taken that you won’t already be sharing with people when you write a cheque or give to someone so they can pay money into your account.
We will continue investigating and promise to keep you updated as we know more. In the meantime, we strongly encourage that you:
• Sign up to your free credit reporting service using this code: TT231. We have partnered with Noddle, one of the leading credit reference agencies, to offer 12 months of credit monitoring alerts for all customers. You can find out more at www.talktalk.co.uk/secure.
• Stay vigilant - TalkTalk will NEVER call customers and ask you to provide personal details or passwords. Please take all steps to check the true identity of any organisation that calls requesting personal information. If you have any doubts, please call us on 0800 083 2710 or 0141 230 0707.
We are sorry for the concern this week’s attack has caused, but want to reassure you that we are doing everything possible to keep your information safe.
For more information, please visit: www.talktalk.co.uk/secure.
Managing Director, Consumer