4 posts • joined 9 Jun 2010
It's look very nice - and aside from being a bit buggy is fine.
The only real comment is the lack of a 'Start' button to launch stuff is a huge pain. Switching back to the "Metro" to open a new window each time is a pain. Probably too much of a pain for me to upgrade my work pc to it.
At home it's OK -- and my wife likes it.
Good for tablet type usage - the lack of a start button pretty well rules out business usage.
They DO track you
I agree. I've extracted this info from my iPhone, made a kmz file loaded it into Google Earth and it clearly shows where I live and where I've visited by clusters of points at these locations.
There are individual points miles from where I know I went - but the clusters show where I've been. Also since it contains dates you could get a pretty good idea of where I've been and also patterns - such as where I work, where I am during the day vs at night.
So, basically, no matter what Apple say this is a database tracking you.
This wasn't ever a secret was it? The day you posted the original article someone picked up their copy of E&T and said it was ultrasound!
Cool stuff though....
Lewis - That is brilliant. One of the most hilarious things I have read in ages.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip