4 posts • joined 9 Jun 2010
It's look very nice - and aside from being a bit buggy is fine.
The only real comment is the lack of a 'Start' button to launch stuff is a huge pain. Switching back to the "Metro" to open a new window each time is a pain. Probably too much of a pain for me to upgrade my work pc to it.
At home it's OK -- and my wife likes it.
Good for tablet type usage - the lack of a start button pretty well rules out business usage.
They DO track you
I agree. I've extracted this info from my iPhone, made a kmz file loaded it into Google Earth and it clearly shows where I live and where I've visited by clusters of points at these locations.
There are individual points miles from where I know I went - but the clusters show where I've been. Also since it contains dates you could get a pretty good idea of where I've been and also patterns - such as where I work, where I am during the day vs at night.
So, basically, no matter what Apple say this is a database tracking you.
This wasn't ever a secret was it? The day you posted the original article someone picked up their copy of E&T and said it was ultrasound!
Cool stuff though....
Lewis - That is brilliant. One of the most hilarious things I have read in ages.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes