4 posts • joined Wednesday 26th May 2010 15:45 GMT
Reading the reviews of the current FHD boxes, I was attracted to the Humax HD-FOX T2 at £139 from Amazon because it mentioned a firmware upgrade would be offered to fix current issues and to allow recording to an external USB hard drive. I have a spare 320GB WD drive. I contacted Humax and asked when this bug fix and update would happen. This is what they replied:
There is nothing confirmed on the future updates of these units, once the information on the update has been released it will be posted on the news section of our website - www.humaxdigital.co.uk,
Humax Customer Support
0844 669 8800
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5:30pm
Best not bother since they don't seem bothered either. There is no doubt that HD is the way forward. I'd prefer a PCI-e card or dongle but none on offer yet. I'd hoped for F1 to be HD but Bernie Eccles Cakes says no since not enough interested in it. Not surprised give Humax retarded attitude. The firm with the imagination to set the scene it will clean up.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging