1 post • joined 24 May 2010
TPC-H and Compression?
It is interesting to note that booth the Oracle and IBM benchmarks did not use database compression. One would assume that for a DW type benchmark (TPC-H) database compression will help reduce the DB size and improve effective data scan rates. I can understand that Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) with potential of 10X compression cannot be used in non-clustered benchmarks as it is Exadata V2 only feature. Not sure how compression performs on the Sybase IQ side for such range of databases.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan