1 post • joined 24 May 2010
TPC-H and Compression?
It is interesting to note that booth the Oracle and IBM benchmarks did not use database compression. One would assume that for a DW type benchmark (TPC-H) database compression will help reduce the DB size and improve effective data scan rates. I can understand that Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) with potential of 10X compression cannot be used in non-clustered benchmarks as it is Exadata V2 only feature. Not sure how compression performs on the Sybase IQ side for such range of databases.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't