1 post • joined 24 May 2010
All the Apple Stores I went into actually had special demo models of ipads with 'not for sale, demo only' or some such verbiage inscribed on the back. I presume Apple are make an effort to make it less rewarding for people to steal the things.
Regardless, there's no cross-over at all between for-sale stock and demo models. Your store's issued 6 or 8 demo ipads can't be sold.
On the subect of the Apple tablet, the laptop-with-a-touch-screen has been on sale (And failing to sell meaningful amounts) for well over 15 years. It's cheering that Apple has finally figured a middle ground of price and utility that will drive sensible tablet like devices in the future. If you don't like Apple, buy one of the other things that will appear in the niche Apple just created in the next 2 quarters.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory