1 post • joined 22 May 2010
EMC’s Brian Biles said in the DD Boost press release: “There has been no significant change in roles between backup clients, backup servers and target storage in the last 20 years of traditional backup software deployment architectures, until right now…DD Boost literally thinks outside the box.” Unfortunately this statement does not acknowledge significant advancements in the backup and storage industry. Symantec OST is one of those advancements, a technology on which DD Boost relies. Another is FalconStor’s Backup Accelerator, a technology that requires no software or load on the backup server, works with all backup applications, and accelerators backup and transfer of data to deduplication targets by 400 percent.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- Vid MIT boffins cry havoc and let slip the ROBOT CHEETAHS of Whoa