7 posts • joined 17 May 2010
Nice baiting article. This feature can be turned off with a command, will have a kill switch in the settings and will be fully encrypted when it ships. It's called "beta" so that mountains don't form out of mole-hills, but hey ho. Mountains it is.
I suspect that the people who indignantly leave Ubuntu because Canonical is trying (how dare they!) to add features are the same set of people no-one will miss when they're gone.
Way to be a dick
No wonder it was anonymous.
So much Unity hate...
...but very few people ever articulate what is wrong. I find it sad but a little amusing that most linux users will make the huge jump to something new, like Ubuntu, but then cry like newborns when their desktop evolves into something new.
You have various choices :
1. Adapt. I have. I miss the cube and docky, but accept that the Dash/Launcher and Wall are more functional now that I've been using them for 8 months.
2. Change the interface. Try Gnome 3, or XFCE. Or hell, try LXDE.
3. Change distro. Or go back to Windows.
4. Whinge constantly and unproductively.
5. File bugs against what you don't like. Might not work, but if you care, you'll try.
There's a whole lot of 4 going on and I'm getting tired of reading it.
You don't see the humour there at all? Really? 10 users and all that? <sigh>
Hotmail is still the world number one, then Yahoo, then Gmail. The author probably had a tiny inkling, I think.
Optimus on Linux
It's coming. Early days, but it's coming.
Still poor that Nvidia rely on third-parties to support their feature set on linux though.
9 new 3D games all just released. GTA clones, Diablo clones, Halo clones, it's all there. The Reg must seriously hate the Android platform to put these games out under the moniker of "10 Essential Android Games". It's really misleading. Okay, apart from RoboDefence which rocks. :-)
Replica Island and Abduction have already been mentioned but there's also :
* You've missed all of Camel's games (Shoot U!, SpacePhysics and SuperTumble).
* SpeedX (tunnel racer)
* Raging Thunder (car racing, incredible graphics)
* Zenonia (expensive, but massive zelda-style RPG)
And the recently released Newton (laser/mirror puzzler).
These games have all the spit and polish of the more established iPhone games.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks