3 posts • joined 14 May 2010
Heat != Power
In simplest laymans terms they may equate, but let's try some simple analysis:
Power = rate of energy conversion, ie. energy / time.
Heat = form of energy.
Over time, the energy stored in the battery is converted to heat.
The more power the processor requires, the more heat produced in a shorter period of time.
Therefore increased processor power consumption = more heat to dissapate over area of phone = hotter phone.
I really would prefer increased run time over higher performance. My phone does everything required as long as I remember to charge it every day..
Some of us are capable of teaching ourselves things using books and this wonderful thing called 'the internet'. Different learning techniques for different folks. Self taught != incompetent.
Your script kiddie may not be self taught either.
...but they just phoned me wanting £500 a year for a place on Yahoo Local anyway. Sounded genuinely surprised when I said that actually, I'd stick to search engines that are free, algorithmic and relevant...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON