3 posts • joined Friday 14th May 2010 14:28 GMT
Heat != Power
In simplest laymans terms they may equate, but let's try some simple analysis:
Power = rate of energy conversion, ie. energy / time.
Heat = form of energy.
Over time, the energy stored in the battery is converted to heat.
The more power the processor requires, the more heat produced in a shorter period of time.
Therefore increased processor power consumption = more heat to dissapate over area of phone = hotter phone.
I really would prefer increased run time over higher performance. My phone does everything required as long as I remember to charge it every day..
Some of us are capable of teaching ourselves things using books and this wonderful thing called 'the internet'. Different learning techniques for different folks. Self taught != incompetent.
Your script kiddie may not be self taught either.
...but they just phoned me wanting £500 a year for a place on Yahoo Local anyway. Sounded genuinely surprised when I said that actually, I'd stick to search engines that are free, algorithmic and relevant...
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE