1 post • joined Tuesday 11th May 2010 15:04 GMT
No reprieve for your hot lap!
Cooling the chip down isn't going to help your hot lap one bit. The case temperature of the laptop is determined by the thermal resistance between the laptop case and the surrounding air -- which isn't changing. The chip might have a lower temperature but as long as it is dissipating the same amount of power, the laptop will get just as hot.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging