3 posts • joined 7 May 2010
I've been using Window 8 on my laptop for about a week, and I really like it. Granted I banished the "Metro" menu in favor of Classic Shell, but the Metro isn't so bad, its just really not designed for a mouse. But on one of the Surface Pros with the real version of Windows 8 (none of that RT crap)? Its like, I get my real deal laptop (with the real keyboard case) when its the better tool (~80-90% of the time), and a functional tablet the rest of the time. Assuming its priced competitively against UltraBooks, sounds like a win.
It's pretty brilliant of M$ too. Apple is trying its hardest to turn the PC into a cell phone. M$ is trying to turn your computer into a cell phone. I've used my cell phone, i've used my computer; if I had to choose, i'm sticking with the computer.
Worst review ever?
I mean, not only is it not objective, but it doesn't really say anything, mostly just fluff about how much the reviewer is a fanboi...I don't like Apple, but I know they make quality laptops, but this review basically boils down to:
1) I like Macs because they're made by Apple
2) If you care at all about your computer, you should skip this review
3) If you have no idea about anything to do with computers, you should read this review
(though if you know that little, maybe you should find a friend to help you out instead of a fanboi)
4) I like the keyboard
5) It needs more ports
6) Battery life is OK
Why did this review take 3 pages of the reviewer gushing like a 17 yr old girl over the latest fashion accessory trend?
I can't jump because "i'm more important than you two. I can even afford a UK iPad!"
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months