2 posts • joined 5 May 2010
Check your facts before publishing
Shingled recording being used in the marketplace currently? If you have some proof of this, Chris, then this should be the big story of the day. (Burying the lead. eh?) The impact of using Shingled recording on the user would be seen in performance tests and should not be sold without informing the user. If you have proof of Seagate or any other HDD mfgr currently producing a shingled HDD, please publish it. Stop writing about hearsay and opinion and do some old fashion reporting.
Links please, Chris!
@ Pascal: The write time (=read time for HDD) would be similar to present technology. If anything, since linear densities would be higher, the read and write times would go down if the spin rates were kept the same.
Please provide links to press releases or some more information when publishing these articles, Chris. While your articles may amaze the average Register reader, some of us crave more information and would like to be directed as to where to look for it.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...