3 posts • joined 26 May 2007
If you want to be taken seriously as an ISP, hosting service, colo, or whatever, you must surely have a hot site that's not too close to the prime site. All manner of weirdness can happen after all: natural disasters, power outages, backbone connection failures, you-name-it. If it can't happen, it will. Gabriel and all others hit by this should look for another service and check that they have a hot site.
@Help me Stephen Colbert
Zohar Lee said:
Given that youtube is owned by google and is based out of america,
So if it's out of America, which country is Google based in then? I'm pretty sure it's just up the road from me in Mt View, CA but I could be wrong.
If Gates, Balmer or any other MS mouthpiece uses the adjective "rich" again, I will probably puke. I think it was last year, in a single paragraph, Gates used it 8 or 9 times to describe various content and functions; it's such a stupid word in this context anyway.
I agree with other posters that Gates (and Jobs and others in the top echelon of the electronic consumer products industry) are completely out of touch with the everyday realities the common herd face. They seem so have no idea of how people want to use computers, phones, etc and live with their "vision" while the rest of have to find ways of making the things actually work (where possible).
P.S. What's a "pidgeon"?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE