12 posts • joined 13 Apr 2010
Interesting. This is a possible answer to the question I posted below before spotting your post (why the need for a preview app with springboard icon when ios was this functionality already?), this could be nice but would also be a major restructuring of the way app sandboxing / access to the file system works.
Voice memos isn't new (ios3?) and I've been moving files between apps for years with no problems too (moving large files can be annoying as a full copy needs always gets done - the way the app sandboxing works though this will probably always be the case).
Textedit as a stock app sounds handy, but I don't really see the need to have preview as an app with icon on the springboard? Surely ios already has the core functionality of preview.
Re: "legitimate laws"
Why? I don't.
Why don't you just go back to stuffing marshmallows up your nose :)
Re: How does $1.2m between 500m people
It doesn't, it equals 0.15 pence - same as they wrote in the article.
Description of the game is: "An intense and gritty story of the origins of Lara Croft and her ascent from frightened young woman to hardened survivor in Tomb Raider."
Re: I'll take 100
>It's external. 1 inch smaller isn't going to make the tiniest bit of difference.
>You want to pay 3 times the going rate for it? Go ahead
Dude, you've obviously never seen a 2.5" hard drive, there is a substantial size difference between 'desktop' drives (3.5") and 'laptop' drives (2.5"), a couple of the other differences between 2.5"/3.5" drives include:
- Power consumption - 2.5" drives can be powered from a USB bus, 3.5" external drives require mains power.
- Reliability - laptop drives are designed to be external/portable 3.5" drives are not, the 2.5" drives move the read/write heads off the platters when not actively using them, which means the drive is much less likely to survive being dropped moved
- Generally quieter and run cooler
Re: So what are all those 3tb ones then?
Only about as portable as the mains power supply you need to spin the platters in a 3.5" drive.
Unless you carry 250 miles of extension cable with you? :)
No, it's not the same.
If you walk into a shop and steal a copy of a software product it's the shop owner who takes a loss not the vendor. Eg if I stroll into Woolworths and steal a £40 Xbox game woolies have just lost £25 (or whatever they used to pay for games, no idea what the margins are on xbox games).
RE: Frikkin Lasers!
And I thought you were just joking!
Impressed with the speed, needs an update
Second that, it's very quick to load pages but feels very strange and jarring to use. The scrolling in particular needs to be a little bit smoother.
Also, clicking links on the reg homepage is sending me to random stories not the ones I'm clicking on, big problem. I've had to go back to safari to post this!!
I like that you can mange the quick search engines, I always thought it was a shame you can't do this with safari.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network