4 posts • joined 9 Apr 2010
£17K? Bah! A mere trinket.
Oops! Simon messed up!
If he thinks that wasting 17K to protect some tea bags is bad he should have a look at some of our esteemed public services. (*cough* Home Office *cough*)
I sort of have a sneaking sympathy...
... for this guy. I have had bosses who insisted on having the root password, though the idea of them logging onto the system kept me awake at night. Still, he might have gone about it another way - I'll think of something :P
There are some who only need down... ALL the way.
(Sigh!) If only there were a way to install a "go straight to hell and suffer for all eternity" button, I could think of one purchaser I'd persuade to press it. "Press doors-open AND doors-close AND 6 three times and it'll take you to a place where they think it really *is* a good idea to modify an expert sysadmin's order to your criteria".
Sorry, but I feel better now.
Reminds me of an old saying...
"Never assume malignant intent when it could just be pure incompetence."
Or something like that.
Still, with their track record...
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why