19 posts • joined Wednesday 7th April 2010 10:05 GMT
I met a few g/fs and my ex either on cix, or at cix parties, and know of quite a few marriages of cixen (some of whom haven't split up).
Hopefully, with its new lease of life there'll be plenty more of that going on in the future...
You could at least....
You could at least have got his name right.
It's Doug Dennerline.
Must be just me....
I saw the headline and thought I'd missed news of a long-running Ubuntu beta that had just been canned.
Re: all I can think of
Whenever *I* hear of a Russian Butcher, all I can think of is that I'm just about to find the star that fell on the cathedral....
That's what he said he was going to do *last week*...
Look at the first words on the article linked to "As promised, here's the photo of $211,223.04 ..."
The photos also have a small handful of coins - hard to make a round 20k with those
You missed these bits
1) It's now at least $120k
2) The link to the site/page concerned must have been accidently deleted... these things happen. http://theoatmeal.com/blog/funnyjunk_letter
3) Whilst deriding him for a host of failings, you also said "sending out the takedowns becomes a full-time job." This is exactly why he has taken the path he has. Read the original.
Happy to help.
This is A Good Thing
at least for me.
LinkedIn was one of my 'standard low-security' passwords, it seems not to have been one of the leaked ones, but The Password Gorilla now protects all my work and home logins (across fedora and win7 - just need a gorilla client for small fondleslab now) and every single one is different.....
About bl**dy time I did it, too.... and hopefully it will encourage everyone else to do the same.
Seriously..?? "Based on sales"???
Are you being deliberately obtuse? In two sentences you've managed to say exactly the opposite of what you're trying to say : that Linux is both more used and is significantly cheaper.
(and no, I haven't even looked at your 'evidence')
what about pulling the sticker off and dropping tiny amounts of sunflower oil from a cocktail stick into the hole to free up the sticking drive just long enough for you to copy everything off?
Oh come on.....
A cracking/hacking/security outfit with a sense of humour?
That's got to be a first, and loudly applauded!
Batwings flying off the escarpments·......
That is all.
I'd just like to say that I love F13 and 12, and I'm looking forward to loving F14.
I haven't found a way that I can contribute back to it yet (apart from encouraging my favourite paid-for app to support it), but when I can be arsed, my work machine will be upgrading from 13 to 14.
Ubuntu to play music and vids at home (although even that's looking less appealing these days) and Fedora for my "I have to get shit done" laptop.
(this messgae brought to you by F14 Live)
"a restriction Skype had plans to ease with the upcoming publication of an API."
The API is a pile of horse-w*nk . They've been promising for years to update it. It sucks.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court