1 post • joined 2 Apr 2010
.gov should tweet
I'm with Matt 89. We're a government supplier and the tweets that come out of gov departments are incredibly useful to us. They keep us abreast with what's happening in our client base in an easily digestible manner.
As a "customer" of government i.e. taxpayer, I recently followed a tweet through to a Defra consultation and contributed my opinion. I wouldn't have thought to go there otherwise without the tweet.
Yes, .gov doesn't always get it right but look at the commercial world and you get the same picture. This is emerging technology and practice.
BERR are right to assess the value of their online activities. I hope they see the value of Twitter as creating better relationships between us the public, their stakeholders and their suppliers.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email