1 post • joined 2 Apr 2010
.gov should tweet
I'm with Matt 89. We're a government supplier and the tweets that come out of gov departments are incredibly useful to us. They keep us abreast with what's happening in our client base in an easily digestible manner.
As a "customer" of government i.e. taxpayer, I recently followed a tweet through to a Defra consultation and contributed my opinion. I wouldn't have thought to go there otherwise without the tweet.
Yes, .gov doesn't always get it right but look at the commercial world and you get the same picture. This is emerging technology and practice.
BERR are right to assess the value of their online activities. I hope they see the value of Twitter as creating better relationships between us the public, their stakeholders and their suppliers.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor