3 posts • joined 29 Mar 2010
A bit of bite
Nice to see an article tweaking the tail of the industry more than we've seen from the Reg of late. Wouldn't want the satire dumbed down to placate unhappy vendors now....
Erm...Oracle AMIs *are listed* - just at a different URL....
See http://aws.amazon.com/amis/Oracle?browse=1 for the list
Whether the licensing and support terms are acceptable is another matter....SMPASS makes some good points.
Let's hope they make it a bit less complicated
It's a right pain to specify all the bits for CX and NS - not like Dell's EqualLogic, where you get all the software thrown in for nothing.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle