5 posts • joined Monday 29th March 2010 13:03 GMT
Let me get this right ...
Although the basic concept of making changes to parameters to system calls and sneaking those changes past an AV program would not require a higher privilege level, making an actual system call that actually did anything would. Therefore the rogue application would already need to be running at Administrator level to actually do anything with this flaw.
Laws of Physics
The Laws of Physics - How often people who have so little understanding of them quote them as some unbreakable barrier ! Ever heard of diffraction gratings or holographic lensing techniques ? (Think Ultra-thin super powerful lenses with no chromatic aberration issues - not currently available but will be one day - probably.)
One of the biggest advantages I have found for Color Laser over Inkjet is the lack of waste ink. With a Laser printer you never need to clean the heads and the ink doesn't dry out if you don't print anything for a couple of days. For me this made the running costs considerably lower.
I always laugh when I see comments like this: "Take out a £75-a-month deal, and Orange will give you the handset - be it an 8GB 3G, a 16GB 3GS or a 32GB 3GS - for free.".
Yes, that's right, the £1,800 you pay ONLY covers the cost of providing you with voice and data services!
I expected better from the Reg! (Or maybe this reporter is working for Orange?)
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?