2 posts • joined Thursday 25th March 2010 14:26 GMT
The lack of time sync on wakeup from standby is an issue on a few hardware and OS combinations - the Win32Time service was tardy at getting time back in sync, so the next release of NightWatchman will address this by forcing a time sync as soon as the machine wakes up.
The proof of the pudding....
It is entirely possible to not only measure the energy consumption of hundreds of thousands of desktop and laptop computers through a single server, but also to control the power management of them to minimise energy wastage without affecting the end user or impacting IT’s ability to patch them out of hours.
1E’s NightWatchman product is doing exactly this for over 1,100 organizations both large and small, and is now in use on over 4 million PCs worldwide.
For example Ford recently implemented NightWatchman and are expecting to make savings of $1.2 million per year as a result.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass