1 post • joined 18 Mar 2010
i think some of you have confused the technology slightly. Passive is the technology that LG are looking to use for commerical (bars etc) use. The glasses for this are considerably cheaper then the glasses used with the active shutter TVs.
The active shutter glasses are more expensive as they create a HD image whereas passive do not. To create an HD picture obviously is more expensive and i think even requires battery in the glasses!
I was one of the lucky few who got to see the LG passive 3DTV when it was tested out showing man utd vs arsenal in the premier league in 3D. Totally blown away by the experience. It was excellent!!
I blogged about it with pictures here:
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it