1 post • joined Thursday 18th March 2010 15:14 GMT
i think some of you have confused the technology slightly. Passive is the technology that LG are looking to use for commerical (bars etc) use. The glasses for this are considerably cheaper then the glasses used with the active shutter TVs.
The active shutter glasses are more expensive as they create a HD image whereas passive do not. To create an HD picture obviously is more expensive and i think even requires battery in the glasses!
I was one of the lucky few who got to see the LG passive 3DTV when it was tested out showing man utd vs arsenal in the premier league in 3D. Totally blown away by the experience. It was excellent!!
I blogged about it with pictures here:
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- FreeBSD abandoning hardware randomness