1 post • joined 18 Mar 2010
i think some of you have confused the technology slightly. Passive is the technology that LG are looking to use for commerical (bars etc) use. The glasses for this are considerably cheaper then the glasses used with the active shutter TVs.
The active shutter glasses are more expensive as they create a HD image whereas passive do not. To create an HD picture obviously is more expensive and i think even requires battery in the glasses!
I was one of the lucky few who got to see the LG passive 3DTV when it was tested out showing man utd vs arsenal in the premier league in 3D. Totally blown away by the experience. It was excellent!!
I blogged about it with pictures here:
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8