3 posts • joined 17 Mar 2010
Save capitalism from the Mike's of the world
Mike is a myopic coward who is satisfied with "good enough." I wonder if his CEO and shareholders feel the same way about how the business is run? Total fear of innovation is not a quality I would seek out in a senior level strategist (much less someone who is content to pay huge margins for average kit)
"Here we come?" Unified storage already here, no?
Article states "Unified storage here we come." Second time in two months I see article about other storage companies doing what Sun already did. Anyone talked to Oracle lately about this? Or is this space for start ups only?
Sun launched unified storage in 2008, out of project Amber Road. Today Oracle sells it as the Sun 7000 unified storage family which incorporates SAS/SATA, flash, ZFS, Dtrace, fibre channel, iSCSI,... Perhaps there are differing definitions of what unified storage means, and when it is available?
The strategy is to copy Oracle Sun 7000?
Hmmm...use industry standard parts instead of proprietary, for unified storage requirements? Oracle is already doing this with Amber Road, aka the Sun 7000 series, aka the ZFS Storage Appliance. The lines of differentiation between Pillar storage portfolio and Oracle's strategic storage portfolio via Sun are diminishing, not widening.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...