16 posts • joined Tuesday 16th March 2010 16:37 GMT
I would even buy one of these, but AMD drivers (and support) for Linux are so lame that I will never buy AMD GPU.
Looks like Apple invented even an apple itself ;-)
But seriously I have checked only the first item from your list and it turns out that there was a demo of pinch to zoom on TED in 2006 BEFORE Apple released iPhone. So your point is rather missed.
Of course you forgot to mention that Apple ripped off Android notification system, as I understand this is fine because it was actually Apple that invented it, right? ;)
I have better model - RX-V667...
...and a few days ago I bough a stereo amplifier based on Tripath 2020 chip for 50 euros. And all I can say that I will no longer be able to listen to music on that Yamaha. Tripath amp simply rocks, I couldn't believe that such difference is even possible between those amplifiers. The difference is HUGE, it is even more huge when you take into account that Yamaha is connected to much better speakers (Monitor Audio BX5) and Tripath is connected to cheap Eltax Universe (also floor speakers).
Why it is crappy? here are some arguments:
* it does not support Linux
* it forces you to use some closed protocol for syncing the device, therefore all other apps are hacks or are using iTunes internally (with just different GUI).
* you can't sync a device with more than one PC
* it crashes more than an USB Storage disk
I have an iPad now which basically is used only for browsing web and reading technical PDF books. Does anyone know how Archos 101 will fit as a PDF ebook reader with it's 16:9 screen? I would like to sell iPad (can't stand that crappy iTunes software!) but I am afraid that iPad's screen (4:3) is better for ebook reader.
the same here
My parents have been using Ubuntu since almost a year. They LOVE it, they have rather slow PC which was slowed down even more by anti virus software etc. Now they can browse the web, view pictures from camera, print, play games and more for free.
They have never asked for help with Ubuntu which is also a sign that Linux IS ready for desktop.
I want 3!
135k is not much but I would buy 3 Nexus One phones straight away if I could (one for me, one for wife and one for my brother), I know that some of my colleagues would like to buy one or two as well.
Too bad that I can't buy them here (Poland), unless I am OK to buy an imported one for $200 more. And I am not OK for this..
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?