2 posts • joined 25 May 2007
The Chances of pterodactyls coming from Washington are a million to one, he said.
Ed Says: "I'd be happy with this, if the data was safe from governments. If its not, then I'm a bit worried."
Someone's never read William Gibson. Or Peter Hamilton.
In most places Corporations have more immediately deployable resources, and, frankly, more motive to (mis)use the data.
Uncle Sam's (or Auntie Helen's) hands are no less safe than those of Ono-Sendai or Event Horizon.
Although if Julia Evans wants to stop by to discuss it in person, for sho.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip