2 posts • joined 25 May 2007
The Chances of pterodactyls coming from Washington are a million to one, he said.
Ed Says: "I'd be happy with this, if the data was safe from governments. If its not, then I'm a bit worried."
Someone's never read William Gibson. Or Peter Hamilton.
In most places Corporations have more immediately deployable resources, and, frankly, more motive to (mis)use the data.
Uncle Sam's (or Auntie Helen's) hands are no less safe than those of Ono-Sendai or Event Horizon.
Although if Julia Evans wants to stop by to discuss it in person, for sho.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich