4 posts • joined 5 Mar 2010
Re: What's this "until it is patched" rubbish?
QuickJava plugin for firefox has on/ off toggle buttons for java, flash, silverlight, others right in the addons bar at bottom of the browser window. Pretty slick.
into the cloud...
Of course people need to move all of their data into the cloud so they can rent their own data from apple, google and others. Oh sure, the first 5GB is free, but who has only 5GB of data anymore?
And when people cannot handle the latency or inconvenience apple will "invent" the local cloud "a cloud on your own computing iDevice". Google will soon copy them and fanbois will commense with the usual exchange of pleasantries.
"Of all th C-word services..."
Use a wildcard instead of that bulky arrangment. So the quote becomes
Of all the *aaS services...
Finally cloud marketspeak that is descriptive!
This is marketing hype aimed at marketing pros. What will an advertising
exec with no ideas and a wad of cash spend do? He will get the magic
scientifical mind reader machine to do his ad campaign for him. Never
mind that it in reality it will be marginally more effective than administering
the standard marketing exam asking the test subject to rate
like/dislike/how strongly, the same questions. And the tinfoil hat crowd will
give this additional credibility. Even if the marketing exec knows it isn't
magically going to invent the new killer product he could definitely
convince his CEO of that and cover himself later with "it was cutting edge
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'