5 posts • joined Thursday 4th March 2010 20:01 GMT
I don't understand what your inane comment has to do with this story whatsoever. This is about a bad mcafee update and has nothing to do with windows aside from the fact that it was windows suers who were impacted? Grabs the clue-bat.
If anyone is still looking for fix information you can also check out my blog at http://cosine-security.blogspot.com which has information on manually fixing the problem.
Fix for the 5958 DAT problems
There is an easy fix for these problems once the machine has been 'bricked'
Details are available over on my blog:
Legality of fund seizure?
I'd be very interested to see the legal grounds for the fund seizure. I have a hard time believing that paypal has the legal right the seize those funds. It seems rather like an underhanded, and questionable pressure tactic.
Some thoughts on this whole situation
This story has started my wheels turning a little bit. You can find my thoughts on some of the key points of this story over at http://cosine-security.blogspot.com/2010/03/defrauding-fantasy-economy.html . I have included links back to this article and the Sunbelt post.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad