1 post • joined 3 Mar 2010
nm is not referring to the die size!
"We don't know exactly how small the NAND dies are going to get"
The dies itself doesn't shrink too much... It's the stuctures (transistors, etc.) that shrink. More tiny the structures -> more of them can be fitted on the more-or-less the same sized die. It's the width of the most tiny parts of these structures made on die that the nm is referring to.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests