1 post • joined 3 Mar 2010
nm is not referring to the die size!
"We don't know exactly how small the NAND dies are going to get"
The dies itself doesn't shrink too much... It's the stuctures (transistors, etc.) that shrink. More tiny the structures -> more of them can be fitted on the more-or-less the same sized die. It's the width of the most tiny parts of these structures made on die that the nm is referring to.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS