1 post • joined 3 Mar 2010
nm is not referring to the die size!
"We don't know exactly how small the NAND dies are going to get"
The dies itself doesn't shrink too much... It's the stuctures (transistors, etc.) that shrink. More tiny the structures -> more of them can be fitted on the more-or-less the same sized die. It's the width of the most tiny parts of these structures made on die that the nm is referring to.
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich