1 post • joined 3 Mar 2010
nm is not referring to the die size!
"We don't know exactly how small the NAND dies are going to get"
The dies itself doesn't shrink too much... It's the stuctures (transistors, etc.) that shrink. More tiny the structures -> more of them can be fitted on the more-or-less the same sized die. It's the width of the most tiny parts of these structures made on die that the nm is referring to.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!