6 posts • joined Thursday 4th August 2011 13:16 GMT
Re: I do understand.
Well they were selling the developer preview phones in two flavors. I got myself a Peak (149 EUR)
CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 8225 1.2Ghz x2.
UMTS 2100/1900/850 (3G HSPA).
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (2G EDGE).
Screen 4.3" qHD IPS Multitouch.
Camera 8 MP (back) + 2 MP (front).
4 GB (ROM) and 512 MB (RAM).
Battery 1800 mAh.
I don't think they deliberately dumbed it down - I rather think it is trying to make them as cheap as possible to attract more developers
Re: dumb question
I have a Peak - and currently there is only one eReader app (epubreader) which is quite rough but it works. You just copy your books to the sdcard - no cloud sync whatsoever. You might need an Internet connection the first time you open the app because some additional libraries are downloaded from the net.
I've been using a stock Nexus One for years and most of my apps are on SD, no rooting was required just 2 shell commands. OK you need the Android SDK to do that, but it was much easier than setting the ringtone on my wives iPhone 4
Re: Apple losers
They are sold in China only, but being Windows CE 6.0 I wouldn't consider buying on those anyway
Re: Programming 101
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle