11 posts • joined 18 Feb 2010
Still think Netbooks have a life and for me and I use a Lenovo Windows 7 ideapad 7 which is great. Got 2Gb of memory upgrade for little money and it runs swiftly
- Indeed not good for number crunching but when did I think it could do that!
- Ultra Books lovely but over priced
- Tablets do not replace the full QWERTY which I can use just as well as a full keyboard on my Netbook. Got full MS Office and Photoshop and run lovely
- I can watch films on it but I never expected full HD
- Is light and easy to carry around
- Got a better selection of PC games and apps that will run fine and far better quality than iOS/Android offerings
Netbook is not dead for now.
Yak yak yak
We come in Peace
McCrappy have a history of this clueless stuff. Had to use this terrible software for 7 years in an Enterprise Environment and all the problems we have had caused by McCrappy DAT updates not tested before they send them out. Beggars belief. When it actually works it fails to deal with infections.
Re: More trouble than any virus
7 year working life! The lot will be toast after 7 months
"So if a disk drive is getting wobbly, the system notifies HP, which ships a new drive."
Well we have Insight Remote running and HP will NEVER just ship a drive if a fault is detected which is what they claim.
All you may get is a phone call asking if the fault is real, if you have tried re-seating the drive, is the firmware up to date etc etc. Yawn.
Usual old lies spouted at launches with bloated Execs claiming rubbish which only exists in their heads. On the ground it's a different matter.
Self extradition fail
So you volunteer your own kit to be 'integrated' into the corporate mail system then also volunteer to have your life taken over checking endless amounts of pointless twaddle you have been CC'd on but feel you must respond to; thus continuing the endless cycle of BS.
The once classic Mini turned into franchised production line of bland Euro cars. The name MINI is meaningless on these cars.
I have come across the muppet who runs the IT Department at this Hospital and some of the poor demotivated and depressed staff who have previously worked under him. Therefore this story is of no surprise as his managerial style was reported as of total control and humiliation to anyone who may question his word. Result; nothing gets done as everyone is too scared to act and show some initiative.
Let's face it, the NHS anyway has a history of ineptitude and getting nothing done. It really is the last stop for the truly useless.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes