1 post • joined 16 Feb 2010
1) What MS proved at least was the theory, that a (near) monopoly stalls innovation. At the highest point of IE marketshare, the MS IE team was cut back dramatically.
2) Enterprises use IE6 based apps a lot and due to incompatibility with IE7 and IE8 these apps will stay for a long time. To be fair, the effort to be more compliant with stadards made MS a better citizen, but broke many Enterprise applications on the other side.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low