2 posts • joined 11 Feb 2010
Re: Voldemort and Cassandra: Not filesystems
No, Project Voldemort (http://project-voldemort.com) is a distributed key-value store, and Apache Cassandra (http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/") is a column family oriented database. Neither of them uses the Hadoop Filesystem APIs.
Voldemort, Cassandra, and MongoDB are not cloud filesystems, or file systems of any kind for that matter. They are structured data-stores, aka databases. Mentioning these projects in this context is misleading and likely to confuse many people.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search