2 posts • joined 11 Feb 2010
Re: Voldemort and Cassandra: Not filesystems
No, Project Voldemort (http://project-voldemort.com) is a distributed key-value store, and Apache Cassandra (http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/") is a column family oriented database. Neither of them uses the Hadoop Filesystem APIs.
Voldemort, Cassandra, and MongoDB are not cloud filesystems, or file systems of any kind for that matter. They are structured data-stores, aka databases. Mentioning these projects in this context is misleading and likely to confuse many people.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests