2 posts • joined 11 Feb 2010
Re: Voldemort and Cassandra: Not filesystems
No, Project Voldemort (http://project-voldemort.com) is a distributed key-value store, and Apache Cassandra (http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/") is a column family oriented database. Neither of them uses the Hadoop Filesystem APIs.
Voldemort, Cassandra, and MongoDB are not cloud filesystems, or file systems of any kind for that matter. They are structured data-stores, aka databases. Mentioning these projects in this context is misleading and likely to confuse many people.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)