3 posts • joined 23 May 2007
Free? Hah, the manufacturers will pass those fees right on to the consumer. So even if we don't want to use the "free" service we will still be paying for it!
Most of those Xbox units that have failed probably wouldn't have if people had left the recommended amount of room around the unit for cooling purposes. I have several friends who had their units fail but they had them shoved in the corner of an enclosed space.
No air flow equals heat build up which causes failure.
Because we all want zero IP protection...
It takes large sums of money to develop IP. Why would anyone invest so many resources into developing things if they have no protection against theft which guarenties their ability to recoup the initial investment?
China, UK, EU, etc are not going to support the abolishment of IP protection because it is central to the global economy and it would devestate every nation if protections against IP theft were lifted.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats