8 posts • joined Wednesday 10th February 2010 01:16 GMT
Re: Why does Oracle need storage
Oracle can't just rebadge other people's hardware for two reasons:
1. They already burned their bridges with HDS and LSI (now NetApp) when they terminated their OEm relationships.
2. They spent hundreds of millions of dollars on Pillar. They aren't going to just bail on the technology. I mean... they could, but Larry might finally be shown the door if they did, when all his shareholders realized he was just bailing out his personal bank account.
The 32pin interface cable isn't a standard, it's an Apple proprietary interface.
Apple did NOT use USB first, your're completely off your rocker. They weren't even on the standards committee for it being invented. Apple tried to get everyone to use firewire, which was shunned by the rest of the industry, and eventually gave in to USB.
You can't transfer video over the lightning doc at all. USB has 0 issues transferring both.
Troll sufficiently fed.
Re: And your point is?
Just because you don't know what's running FreeBSD doesn't mean that it's got a minimal install. As a result of the fact you don't have to share the code people don't have to tell you if they're using it or not. And they never have to give anything back.
Off the top of my head - NetApp and EMC Isilon are both based off of FreeBSD. Kace which Dell now owns, and JunOS by Juniper.
Completely ridiculous. It's just a system looking to be gamed.
Re: What's interesting to me...
Bill Gates started the foundation in 2000. 12 years ago. Nice troll though!
Re: So what
Configuration rules for a FAS6280 and a FAS6280 in an HA environment
Maximum system capacity (in TB)
Note: Disk drive capacity listed is the largest shipping disk drive supported on the date of the last update to this page. 4320
With the current shipping 3TB drives it's 3.4PB. When 4TB drives are released, or with a v-series, it goes up to 4.3.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones