4 posts • joined 5 Feb 2010
Java 6 EOL was yesterday -- we'll see if Oracle decides to patch it or if they're going to stick with the EOL date.
The data center pictured is already built -- I've got machines in it. Unfortunately Big Red (and its successor) are in another part of the building so I can't go and gawk at it.
The word on the street is that the machine will cost on the order of $7.5 million.
Well, if the price/performance is better than x86 then it might be a good fit for high-cpu workloads (video processing, for example). AIX used to suck severely when it came to building open source tools (back in the 5.x days. ffmpeg was nearly impossible to build) so if you're using the linux stack and various open source tools there might be an advantage.
All that ad needs is Yakety sax
Oh, here's one:
I'm hoping that its just the first in a series of ads!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers