4 posts • joined 5 Feb 2010
Java 6 EOL was yesterday -- we'll see if Oracle decides to patch it or if they're going to stick with the EOL date.
The data center pictured is already built -- I've got machines in it. Unfortunately Big Red (and its successor) are in another part of the building so I can't go and gawk at it.
The word on the street is that the machine will cost on the order of $7.5 million.
Well, if the price/performance is better than x86 then it might be a good fit for high-cpu workloads (video processing, for example). AIX used to suck severely when it came to building open source tools (back in the 5.x days. ffmpeg was nearly impossible to build) so if you're using the linux stack and various open source tools there might be an advantage.
All that ad needs is Yakety sax
Oh, here's one:
I'm hoping that its just the first in a series of ads!
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth