4 posts • joined Friday 5th February 2010 13:29 GMT
TomTom Leap Year Bug!!
anyone else got a TomTom sat nav that stopped working on March 31?
TomTom updated their site to say its a "leap year bug!"
So how many GPS users are stuck with no sat nav i wonder????
" .... Update 2nd April 23:39 CET: We have identified the root cause of the issue which has caused some of our models to not get a GPS position. The issue is caused by a ‘leap year’ bug in our GPS firmware. We’re working on a fix and will provide a further update as soon as we know more......"
If you bothered to learn how the "engine actually works" you would probably become a better driver...
How can you expect write instructions for a machine, the internal workings of which you dont even understand?? same with software - if you dont understand the basics of how your hardware works, you cant possibly write effective code...
Sticking with your car anaology, car engines still function in the same fundamental way as they always have, so even though you might not understand the electronics parts, a mechanic from 50years ago could likely still diagnose a split water hose, slipping belt, failed clutch etc etc...
If they put a paypal link on thier website, i'd pre-order mine right now!
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun