1 post • joined 5 Feb 2010
rogue states or scam-ridden system?
This looks more Laurel-and-Hardy style cock-up than international "rogue state" conspiracy - UK Press Association is reporting it was just a click through to a spoof site, while the graphic that McAfee use from the Europol report refers to a slightly different kind of fraud. Beyond that, the more fundamental problem is that carbon trading renders a whole set of incommensurable practices equivalent in order to make a single tradeable commodity, to the point that it is highly unclear what is being traded (see www.carbontradewatch.org/carbon-trade-fails). That's why the resulting system is a scammers' paradise.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2