1 post • joined 5 Feb 2010
rogue states or scam-ridden system?
This looks more Laurel-and-Hardy style cock-up than international "rogue state" conspiracy - UK Press Association is reporting it was just a click through to a spoof site, while the graphic that McAfee use from the Europol report refers to a slightly different kind of fraud. Beyond that, the more fundamental problem is that carbon trading renders a whole set of incommensurable practices equivalent in order to make a single tradeable commodity, to the point that it is highly unclear what is being traded (see www.carbontradewatch.org/carbon-trade-fails). That's why the resulting system is a scammers' paradise.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards