1 post • joined 5 Feb 2010
rogue states or scam-ridden system?
This looks more Laurel-and-Hardy style cock-up than international "rogue state" conspiracy - UK Press Association is reporting it was just a click through to a spoof site, while the graphic that McAfee use from the Europol report refers to a slightly different kind of fraud. Beyond that, the more fundamental problem is that carbon trading renders a whole set of incommensurable practices equivalent in order to make a single tradeable commodity, to the point that it is highly unclear what is being traded (see www.carbontradewatch.org/carbon-trade-fails). That's why the resulting system is a scammers' paradise.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...