4 posts • joined 2 Feb 2010
Re: XBox One vs PS4
It's all about the total experience, not he hardware. Microsoft got it right with Xbox Live - it's an online community that works really well.
If all your pals are on Xbox Live, you won't be upgrading to a PS4.
...Israel may be physically in the Middle East, but its trade relationships are with Europe, North America, the Far East and India.
Unix Vi-freak by any chance?
Claiming that Visual Studio is only the choice for C++ development is hogwash. If you're developing anything on the .NET framework, there's really no other option that comes close.
Similarly claiming that Eclipse is otherwise the default "safe" choice again ignores the reality that is Eclipse not the real-world "safe" choice for .NET. It's Visual Studio.
Then there's the claim that simple text editors are more productive than integrated IDEs. In 18 years of software development, I've perhaps seen 2% of developers use a text editor as opposed to a proper IDE when one is available.
The author does not present any arguments about the advantages of IDEs: Like integrated debugging, intellisense, object browsers, etc.
This article has a distinct whiff of Unix vi-freak about it.
Well to start with...
...Microsoft SQL Server's read-ahead starts off with 64KB blocks and can go up to 256KB and even 1024KB for the enterprise edition. So what's the big deal with 500KB?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait