From an iPhone and Android user
I used to own an iPhone and currently have a Samsung G S2 and I have used them both quite a bit and although it is still my opinion I still feel that the iPhone is "for the moment" better. The problem with Android is that there is to little control on certain aspects and to much on others making for a diverse but confusing eco system.
I am a technically savvy person (i do some software dev work myself) but even some tech savvy users like a device to do just as advertised without tinkering with it. The iPhone I used to own was the older gen 3GS but even though it is this old Apple still seem to be sending updates for it (bar a few missing features)
I am not an Android or iPhone fan. It is simply a device to me to do a particular task. I don't buy fart apps and expect whether it is Android or anything else to do what I need it to do. I have used both and feel I will be going back to the iPhone if Apple don't cock up the iPhone 5. Then is will be a 4S for me.
Yes I think Steve Jobs was a twat sometimes but he did make Apple into one of the richest companies so he like others (Google) must have been doing something right.
T2 because liquid metal sounds awesomes and I want to be terminated.
Apple are good because:
- Easy to use and does what the tin says
- Good after purchase support, for quite a long time
- Good overall eco-system (iCloud, iTunes, etc).
- Walled garden provides an extra layer of security (see bads)
Apple are bad because:
- Walled garden is annoying for hobby programmers who can't justify the $99 per year license. Also is not 100% fool proof as extra security layer.
- Some bits of the eco-system is crap like the web based iCloud.
- Paste your own comment here
Android is good because:
- Relatively easy to use but still behind a little, requires some tinkering to get some bits working properly
- Flexible in that you can hobby program with the flip of an option
- Google Apps is amazing and this is whats missing from the iPhone.
Android is bad because:
- Try getting support from the device maker. Not fun.
- All device makers customise so much that its causes problems like OS updates either slow to come through or never happen
- Less control on Android market gets more problem in more often, Google are getting better at this though.
- My SGS2 after Ice Sandwich sometimes feels slower and requires occasional restarts