2 posts • joined 25 Sep 2006
Looked less funny when I got a class about it.... Verity rules!
Luring employees with mobes
"Companies reap the benefit of having access to employees out of hours, with many doing email after they leave the office.
Whether formally agreed or not, there is often an implicit assumption that the user will be carrying around the device outside of normal working hours, "
These assumptions will quickly become wrong. People aren't stupid. Sometimes (evenings, weekends, vacations) you need/want do disconnect from your boss, while being reachable by others (friends and family, for those who have a life outside of their office). Mobes are getting cheap, small and lightweight. Comms fares are dwindling (you can even get free and unlimited calls to a select few).
Yes, we will soon carry two devices. One for the boss, and one for rest of the world...
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops