4 posts • joined 27 Jan 2010
Re: Tips from a Pro
Your statement makes no sense.
It's called vertical integration. Apple do it. Samsung do it. They both seem to be enjoying moderate success.
Amazon will be buying a "design centre" i.e. a team of Engineers - the chips will be fabricated elsewhere...probably TSMC.
If they go ahead, probably may see an Amazon phone as well.
It's going to happen..
Current rumor down here (Nice, where the design center for OMAP stuff is based) is that its going to happen....certainly makes a lot of sense.
Nothing out of the ordinary
"If Apple has eschewed well-established - and used in pretty much every chip design elsewhere - die layout software tools in favour of a more manual layout..."
This is nonsense......having done chip design/layout for the last 20 years, it is NOT uncommon for layout to be done by "hand". Invariably it is for speed issues and timing optimisation/closure.
Nothing special, original or out of the ordinary. Move along please.
Beer, because chip design is hard work and shit pay, but interesting. Should have been an accountant.
Where is the Camera ?
This could replace my laptop for holidays etc Internet, mail, but no camera for video calling ?
Hit or miss ?
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series